Hope in motion
Just Wheels provides wheelchairs and support to people with physical disabilities in Tanzania.
Just Wheels gives people hope in motion.
Without the ability to move around, life is hard – it’s hard to get educated, hard to work, it’s hard to socialise. A set of good-quality wheels can make the world of difference to a person’s life. Just Wheels provides good quality, well-fitted wheelchairs to individuals in need, along with a package of support, giving them hope and a future.
What do we do?
Just Wheels works with individuals and the wider mobility impaired community. We support people to have a voice, a future and to have hope.
Just Wheels provides the people we work with, with a range of support:
– a high quality wheelchair designed specifically to cater to the needs of the individual and made locally
– maintenance of the wheelchair
– physiotherapy advice and support
– funding and support to enable people to access education, whether that is school, literacy and numeracy training or skills training
– empowerment training which enables people to u their rights, gender issues, safeguarding issues etc
– access to a Wellbeing group
– care and support from our staff.
The Mobility Impaired community
– Just Wheels is working with a range of partners to develop a Mobility Centre in Tabora, Tanzania.
– Work with Education authorities, schools and teachers to enable more physically disabled children attend school and adults to attend colleges or other educational establishments. This involves provision of ramps, toilets, training and support.
Disabled Peoples organisation/ Forum
– Just wheels supports a Disabled persons group to enable people to raise issues, concerns and to guide the work of Just Wheels
Wellbeing and Sports
– Just Wheels supports a Wellbeing Club for wheelchair users which meets monthly
– We are working with partners to develop a wheelchair sports club – hopefully in 2022.